Our campus is currently closed due to COVID-19, but our Admissions department is working hard to provide prospective students and families virtual events and opportunities. Please browse below to find videos, pictures, and ways for you to connect with us. To view our Covid-19 Updates page to see what we have communicated with our families, click here.
THE QUALITY OF LIFE I HAVE TODAY DERIVED FROM MY PARENTS’ INVESTMENT IN MY CATHOLIC EDUCATION YEARS AGO.
– HANNAH SANCHEZ (’13)
VIEW OUR VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE!
We hosted our first-ever Virtual Open House on Thursday, April 23. If you were unable to attend you can watch the recording.
The program includes remarks from administration and all academic department chairs, plus the opportunity to hear live questions/answers with the St. James Admissions Team. The event was much like our originally scheduled Spring Open House. In lieu of showing you our campus in person, a virtual tour is now available.
We look forward to working with all students and parents as you work toward a Catholic high school choice.
ST. JAMES’ MISSION
St. James Academy exists to pass on the Catholic faith to the next generation. The community is rooted in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and is dedicated to developing the minds and hearts of young people to know Truth, choose Good and live virtuously in the service of others.
Did you know you can use your 529 plan to pay tuition?
For the 2018-19 school year, St. James awarded $1.9 million in need-based aid and 40% of students received some form of payment modification.
St. James Academy offers several scholarships for incoming freshmen, to reward their accomplishments in academics as well as in their faith life and community involvement.
To be considered for a customized plan, complete an application through FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment.
The investment in four years’ Catholic high school is likely returned as college scholarship awards.
- Advanced Placement exams over the last 5 years translate to $2.26 million in Public University tuition or $3.07 million in Catholic University tuition.
- $12 million in college scholarship offered to class of 2018.
- 90% of 2018 graduates enrolled in a four-year college.
- 10% of 2018 graduates chose two-year college, vocation program, or military.
- 25.8 average ACT score for class of 2019 (20.8 National Avg. 21.6 State Avg.).
- Individualized plan of study (IPS) for all learning levels.
- Engineering, Health Care, Education, Law/Public Service, Non-Profit & Social Services, Journalism and Mass Media exploration classes offered.
- 15 Advanced Placement courses and 7 dual enrollment courses offered, and 21 Honors classes.
- ACT and College Prep class
- Thunder Block – Flexible time during the school day for students to meet their individual needs, in particular those needs related to academic learning interventions. It also allows students get an experience of a less structured environment similar to what they will experience in college and the workplace to help them learn the power their choice has in structuring their lives.
- 835 Students Total
- 95% Catholic
- 52% Girls, 48% Boys
- 11.2% Hispanic
- 80.5% White
- 8.3% Asian, American Indian, Black, Pacific Islanders, two or more Races.
FACULTY AND STAFF
- 15:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- 57 Teachers
- 61% Masters Degree
- 97 Total Staff
- Join a Community (large group) and House (small group) for all 4 years
- Strengthen bonds among 9th-12th grade
- Receive mentorship in academic, social, and spiritual growth
- Develop interpersonal relationship skills
- Attend monthly leadership training
- 80+ leadership opportunities within the Community System
TUITION & FEES
The St. James Academy Board of Trustees has approved the following tuition rates for 2020-21.
READ OUR BLOG
Our goal is to help families like yours find the information that leads you to consider being part of the St. James community! We’ll be providing blogs on compelling topics that are common to our junior high constituents’ decision-making process.
Having some homework, but not too much, has made school balanced and educational. My teachers have done an excellent job of assigning homework in a reasonable quantity to maintain the student’s lives but not overwhelm them. By Jacob Kreeger, Class of 2022 Although the...
I know that each day my kids are being watched over by teachers and an administration who have a true calling in what they do. In most of my conversations with teachers, I walk away amazed at how faith-filled they are and how much they are genuinely committed to...
While some of our neighboring public schools continue to add four-year, specialized tracks geared towards particular jobs, we believe St. James Academy is called to provide a different option: a well-rounded education rooted in objective truth and the liberal arts...
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please fill out the contact form below, and let us know how we can help you!