As a ministry of the Catholic Church, we believe that a Catholic education should be available to all who desire it, regardless of financial means. St. James is happy to assist families who illustrate a genuine financial need, based primarily on income and family size. Recognizing that many families have this need, we do expect families to acknowledge the responsibility to make Catholic education tuition a priority, and to be willing to make reasonable financial sacrifices to provide their children the benefit of an education rooted deeply in our faith.
We are also deeply appreciative of the tuition subsidy provided by the Johnson County parishes, which helps to reduce the financial responsibility of their parishioners.
Our financial aid process is described below:
- We use FACTS Grant & Aid to process applications.
- The application process for 2020-21 is open now.
- Applications for 2020-21 are due January 31, 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE
- You must upload your 2018 income tax return and your 2019 W-2’s when you submit the application, or as soon as you receive your W-2’s.
- Your 2019 income tax return must be submitted by April 30, 2020.
- Award letters will be sent at the end of February 2020.
- You will have two weeks after receipt of the award to accept or decline.
- If you wish to appeal, you must do so in writing, with detailed information about why the award will not meet your family’s needs.
- The appeal will be reviewed by our financial aid committee and a response will be sent within one week of receipt of the appeal.
- Families must reapply each year.
Could your 529 Plan help fund your child’s Catholic education? Consult your financial advisor regarding maximizing this opportunity!
It is necessary that families submit a new application for each school year, regardless of this year’s application result.