THE QUALITY OF LIFE I HAVE TODAY DERIVED FROM MY PARENTS’ INVESTMENT IN MY CATHOLIC EDUCATION YEARS AGO.
– HANNAH SANCHEZ (’13)
JOIN US FOR OPEN HOUSE!
We open our house so families can meet the St. James student leaders and administrators, see the campus, learn about tuition planning, and the faith infusion throughout the excellent academic and extra-curricular opportunities available to future students.
ST. JAMES’ MISSION
St. James Academy exists to pass on the Catholic faith to the next generation. The community is rooted in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and is dedicated to developing the minds and hearts of young people to know Truth, choose Good and live virtuously in the service of others.
Our purpose is doing God’s will; our main objective is forming Saints.
– DR. SHANE RAPP, PRINCIPAL
8th-grade graduates from more than 30 area middle schools are part of SJA’s 2019 freshman class. Our students who made the successful transition to St. James want to share their story. We strengthen bonds between all four grades in the unique opportunities of the House and Community system. St. James administrators, faculty, and coaches infuse virtue and values while preparing students for college, and ultimately, Heaven! Come learn more at the 2019 Open House!
Did you know you can use your 529 plan to pay tuition?
For the 2018-19 school year, St. James awarded $1.9 million in need-based aid and 40% of students received some form of payment modification.
St. James Academy offers several scholarships for incoming freshmen, to reward their accomplishments in academics as well as in their faith life and community involvement.
To be considered for a customized plan, complete an application through FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment.
The investment in four years’ Catholic high school is likely returned as college scholarship awards.
- Advanced Placement exams over the last 5 years translate to $2.26 million in Public University tuition or $3.07 million in Catholic University tuition.
- $12 million in college scholarship offered to class of 2018.
- 90% of 2018 graduates enrolled in a four-year college.
- 10% of 2018 graduates chose two-year college, vocation program, or military.
- 25.8 average ACT score for class of 2019 (20.8 National Avg. 21.6 State Avg.).
- Individualized plan of study (IPS) for all learning levels.
- Engineering, Health Care, Education, Law/Public Service, and Mass Media exploration classes offered.
- 14 Advanced Placement courses and 6 dual enrollment courses offered.
- ACT and College Prep class
- Thunder Block – Flexible time during the school day for students to meet their individual needs, in particular those needs related to academic learning interventions. It also allows students get an experience of a less structured environment similar to what they will experience in college and the workplace to help them learn the power their choice has in structuring their lives.
- 900 Students Total
- 95% Catholic
- 50% Girls, 50% Boys
- 11% Hispanic
- 94% White
- 6% Asian, American Indian, Black, Pacific Islanders, two or more Races.
FACULTY AND STAFF
- 15:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- 59 Teachers
- 61% Masters Degree
- 96 Total Staff
- Join a Community (large group) and House (small group) for all 4 years
- Strengthen bonds among 9th-12th grade
- Receive mentorship in academic, social, and spiritual growth
- Develop interpersonal relationship skills
- Attend monthly leadership training
- 80+ leadership opportunities within the Community System
READ OUR BLOG
Our goal is to help families like yours find the information that leads you to consider being part of the St. James community! We’ll be providing blogs on compelling topics that are common to our junior high constituents’ decision-making process.
I really believe that no matter what your talents are, no matter what your skillset is, your academic abilities, your interest in faith life, how shy or outgoing you are, there is a place for you at St. James Academy! By An Anonymous Parent Dear Future St. James...
I was not only offered a greater capacity to understand, appreciate, and create art, but also opportunities to grow in patience, self-control, and community By Helen Rhodes, Class of 2017 In the first class of the first day of high school, I found myself sitting in...
Considering Transferring to St. James?I realized God had spoken to me during those shadow visits that led me here, and once more in that Mass telling me, “You did it! You have found your forever home.” By Adeline McIntire, Class of 2021 It was April 26th, and it was...
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please fill out the contact form below, and let us know how we can help you!